Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Dumbness That Makes Me

11th November, 2009
4:45 pm
The matchbox

If there is stupidity on Earth, it is here, it is here, it is here. Not the best rehash of a famous quote made by Jahangir, the Mughal Ruler of India. On seeing the beauty of Kashmir, a pretty war-stricken state in North India, he said  "If there is paradise on Earth, it is here, it is here, it is here."

Oh well.

I am a nincompoop. Living alone justifies that. I will now proceed to explain my woeful dumbness. Read and learn something from it.

We had a Professional Writing class today. Opinion Writing was the lecture of the day. At the end of it, we were asked to write an opinion article on the Lisbon Treaty, representing one of the newspapers in the UK. Now, dumb as I am, I have no idea what the Lisbon Treaty is all about. So I wikipediad it, found information on it. But certainly not enough information to form an opinion about! At the end of the hour, I told my professor I knew nothing. He looked down at me, made a face and said, "keep working at it then"

Well, I walked back home. Had a nice little plan in my head. Sleep for a bit, then sit and STUDY for REAL. While sleeping, I realised I had left my pen-drive, my precious little life saving pen-drive in the PC in class. Sleep flew out the window. Grabbed my coat, was intelligent enough to grab my keys and sped out. Luckily, it was still stuck at the PC I was working at previously.

Came home and berated my self for a bit. Oh it doesn't end. As I entered my room, I saw a note that said a parcel was awaiting me at the reception. Came down at the reception only to realise I hadn't gotten my Residence Card! You need to show it to get your parcel. I was wondering if the Gods above were deliberatley trying to waste my time. Feeling dumb, I went back up the three long flight of stairs, and came down, this time round, remembering to take my laundry as well. The number of things a child has to take care of !!!

I am dumb and I am careless and I am a screw-up at time-management. I am, at the moment not very fond of myself. I hope I learn as time passes by.

The day hasn't ended yet. I am still capable of making ten thousand "duh" moments alive.

2 comments:

  1. You aren't alone.. Story of all our lives here at Cardiff.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah sometimes it feels NOBODY can be this dumb:)

    ReplyDelete